Enriched Air Nitrox - Specialty Course
Home study for this class is via digital learning. The academic presentation following the home study consists of a review, quiz and a presentation on how to to acquire and analyze your Nitrox mix and plan your dive using Nitrox. You will receive your digital certification card following the class so you can start enjoying the benefits of Nitrox immediately.
If you want to enjoy the many shark diving opportunities here in Jupiter you have to be Nitrox Certified. Locations tend to be deeper and you will be doing repetitive dives. Don’t miss out on all the fun, get Nitrox certified today.
- Must be PADI Open Water Certified or the equivalent.
- It only takes about one hour to complete the e-learning program The in person presentation is approx 30 minutes
- Minimum age is 15
- The cost is $195.00.
- Price includes the PADI e-learning program, a demonstration on acquiring and logging Nitrox tanks and fills and the Enriched Air Certification Card upon completion.
- There are no open water dives required or included in this class.
- As with all Specialty classes, this class counts towards you Master Scuba Diver rating!
What to expect
If you haven’t been scuba diving in a while or just feel a little rusty, this course is for you. We start the day by reviewing your dive history and then check any of your own personal gear for its proper functioning. We will review hand signals, plan the dive and then dive the plan. We will review and practice surface and underwater skills concentrating on neutral buoyancy. As the dives in the Jupiter area are usually drift dives, we will also discuss and practice drift procedures including the use of an SMB
What you will see
On this dive we typically see beautiful marine creatures such as turtles, octopus, crabs and critters, seahorses and an abundance of other marine life.
Have a non diver friend that wants to join you?
- If you have someone in your group that would like to join you but does not scuba dive, The Blue Heron Bridge offers some great snorkeling spots. There is no charge to snorkel at Blue Heron Bridge. Snorkel gear and flags are available to rent.
- Valid PADI (or equivalent) Open Water license or above Certification.
- We meet at Blue Heron Bridge two hours before high tide. This allows enough time to go over the skills that we will be reviewing underwater. Just before high tide we start the dive and it lasts approximately one hour. Total time is 4 hours.
- Minimum age is 12
- Must have a PADI (or equivalent) Open Water Certification or higher.
- Students under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- The price of $350 includes all rental gear, a scuba review and equipment orientation on shore and a privately guided refresher dive.
Open Water Class - Certification Course
The Open Water class will teach you all the aspects of scuba diving so that you you can enjoy the sport with friends and family for years to come. As a PADI Master Instructor, I have thousands of dives under my belt and have certified well over 500 students and counting. You will be in excellent hands.
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba courses.
Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
Open Water Diver course consists of three parts
- Knowledge Development (on line using the PADI e-learning program)
- Confined Water Sessions to learn basic scuba skills
- Four Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
- You must be at least 16 years old, be able to swim and have a sense of adventure!
- The Open Water Class is held over 2 1/2 days depending on your schedule.
- Must complete the PADI medical form. A doctors approval is only required if any of the questions are answered with a “yes”
- Must complete a student record file and student contract. Those under 18 need a parent or guardians approval and signature.
- I recommend you enroll for diving insurance which can be provided to you at no charge by Divers Alert Network. Sign up is required.
- All classes are conducted privately for you or your group.
- 1 person: $1295
2-3 people $795 each
4-6 people $595 each
- Class includes the PADI e-learning program, use of all gear (tanks, weights, BCD, Regulator, Wet suit, mask and fins), digital or plastic certification card upon completion.
- Nitrox certification can be added to this class for just $99